Every paranormal investigation team has a code by which they investigate. Some have strict rules, some have no rules whatsoever. The Motor City Ghost Hunters firmly believe that our Code of Ethics and our Mission Statement have fostered an investigation environment that is best for both the Motor City Ghost Hunters and the clients we serve. Our investigation protocols ensures our utmost honesty and professionalism in every environment we investigate.
Our Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Motor City Ghost Hunters, as a research group comprised of believers, skeptics and open-minded skeptics, to gather and interpret information in response to claims using investigation techniques and equipment. We may employ the use of sensitives, but any psychic impressions gathered during an investigation will not be presented as evidence unless these impressions are verified via equipment and/or subsequent research. Unbiased information will be explained in a professional manner to those who have sought our input.
To Our Potential Clients
If you think you may be experiencing paranormal phenomenon, please contact us. We may be able to assist you in understanding what you have experienced. All private locations are kept confidential and will only appear on our website if your expressed permission is given to us. You have the right to request our removal our your investigation page should you choose that we do so at any time in the future. We will not divulge client names, locations or any other sensitive data via our website or any other means.
The Motor City Ghost Hunters’ Code of Ethics
- No vandalism.
- No trespassing.
- No drug use, including alcohol, before or during an investigation
- Get permission before entering property (preferably written).
- No littering – leave locations in better shape than we found them.
- When investigating public property, let the local police & authorities know your intentions, and contact the local historical society if possible – then follow up by asking if they would like to see any evidence.
TREAT CLIENTS WITH RESPECT:
- All paranormal investigations and evidence reveals will be free of charge
- Property owners/clients should be the first people to see any evidence or hear about any personal experiences that was gathered. No evidence, or reports should appear on the internet without written permission from the owner of the location.
- Honor all agreements made with the clients.
- Conduct business in a way that honors and protects the client’s privacy.
- Communicate completely with the client regarding what the investigation includes.
- We will only bring investigators who are known to us into private homes. Every investigation is a training opportunity, but a private home won’t be their *first* experience.
- We will not provoke in private homes because people have to live there after we are gone.
- Return phone calls and e-mail promptly to clients and or other team members.
- At adult walks for historical societies, all proceeds will go directly to the historical society. The Motor City Ghost Hunters will not solicit funds nor collect them on behalf of a historical society.
- No smoking at the property being investigated – establish a smoking section away from the investigation site if necessary.
- Do not discuss possible evidence with the client until all evidence has been reviewed later by the whole group.
- No running, yelling or screaming. It is not professional – and if the prospect of being faced with a ghost terrifies you, then you have the wrong hobby.
- Treat other paranormal professionals and groups with respect.
- Assist in the advancement of Paranormal Research by helping to educate the public and potential clients.