Is Your Place Haunted? – A Checklist
Most experiences that people have can actually be attributed to environmental factors, many of which can actually be very dangerous to your health. If you are experiencing things that make you wonder if your house is haunted, please review our list of ENVIRONMENTAL CAUSES before doing anything else.
This is a quiz that lists some of the “symptoms” of a haunting. Individually, they don’t necessarily mean anything more than perhaps faulty wiring or some other simple explanation. But, when someone contacts us and is experiencing most of these, the situation may point to paranormal activity. As with every case, we are careful to investigate a situation thoroughly and with much skepticism. If you answer “yes” to 5 or more of these questions, there is a chance that your house may be haunted.
- Does it seem you lose items only to have them reappear later in a place you had already checked?
- Do cats or dogs seem afraid of certain places?
- Do lights or televisions turn on and off on their own?
- Have you heard your name called when you are alone?
- Have you heard footsteps when you are alone?
- Have you heard strange scratching of knocking coming from within the walls?
- Have you noticed any negative changes in your or another’s attitude?
- Do you feel at times you are being watched?
- Do you notice movement or shadows out of the corner of your eyes?
- Have you seen doors open and close on their own?
- Do you notice odd cold spots in centralized locations with no explainable origin?
- Do children seem to have unhealthy relationships with imaginary friends?
- Has anyone used a Ouija board or similar item in the location?
- Do photos sometimes appear with unexplained mist or orbs in them?
- Have any tragic deaths taken place in the building or on the grounds upon which it was built?